Save money and the environment by using reusable nappies and absorbent hygiene products
The City of Parramatta Council is offering residents a rebate of up to $150 for the purchase of reusable nappies and sanitary products with proof of purchase.
The rebate aims to provide an incentive for residents to trial reusable options – helping to save you money and reduce waste to landfill.
The trial aims to provide an incentive for residents to trial reusable options – helping to save you money and reduce waste to landfill.
Each household in the City of Parramatta is eligible for one rebate per category. Separate applications are required for each.
- Cloth nappies – 50% of the purchase price (max. $150 rebate)
Includes cloth and swim nappies, reusable inner liner for nappies, reusable wipes, wet bags, reusable nursing breast pads.
- Reusable sanitary products – 50% of the purchase price (max. $100 rebate) Includes sanitary pads, sanitary cups, leak-proof underwear and wet bags.
Why are we running the trial?
Surprisingly, nappies and absorbent hygiene products are the second largest contributor to household garbage waste in the City of Parramatta, with audits showing that by weight, these products make up 9% of the material collected through the red-lidded general waste bin. Second only to food waste which makes up 46%.
Reusable products may cost a little more up-front, but in the long term, they can save you upwards of $1,000 a year. These rebates are being offered as an incentive to help reduce the upfront costs of reusable options, and encourage the shift away from single-use products. Helping to reduce waste, and save money!
To claim a rebate, the applicant must provide proof that they are a resident of the City of Parramatta, and a full copy of the receipt or invoice for the items being claimed against. Claims must be made no more than three months after the date of purchase, and Council holds the right to reject any application.
By accepting this rebate, participants agree to be contacted 6 months following receipt of the rebate to participate in a user survey.
The rebate program is limited to a set budget. Once this budget is expended the program will be required to close. Notice of closure will be advertised on Council’s webpage two weeks prior to the final close date.
The programs full terms and conditions can be found below:
- City of Parramatta residents can receive half of their expenses on cloth nappies up to the value of $150 and half their expense on reusable sanitary products up to the value of $100.
- Rebate for cloth nappies includes cloth nappies, swim nappies, reusable inner liner for nappies, wet bags, reusable wipes associated with cloth nappies and reusable nursing breast pads.
- Rebate for reusable sanitary products include sanitary pads, sanitary cups, leak proof underwear and wet bags.
- Rebate does not include transport costs, nappy hire, and single use items.
- The applicant must be the occupant of the property requesting the rebate.
- The applicant must provide a proof of residence, e.g rates notice or utility bill.
- Council will accept one application for each rebate per house household during the period between 1 January 2022 and 30 June 2022.
- To apply for both the Cloth Nappy and Reuseable Sanitary Product rebates you will need to fill in two separate application forms.
- The applicant must provide a copy of the receipt or proof of purchase. It must include the retailers name, date, and clear identification of name and cost of each individual item purchased.
- Proof of purchase must be no older than 3 months.
- The copy of invoice of proof or purchase must be a whole copy, not partial copy.
- By accepting this rebate, participants agree to be contacted 6 months following receipt of the rebate to participate in a user survey.
- Applications are to be submitted online. If an applicant does not have computer access, entries can be completed over the phone on 9806 5544 or with our Customer Service team at 126 Church St Parramatta.
- The City of Parramatta holds the right to reject any application.
- The rebate program is limited to a set budget, once this budget is expended the program will be required to close. Notice of closure will be advertised on Council’s webpage two weeks prior to the final close date.
Claim Your Rebate
Visit the online portal to claim your rebate.