City of Parramatta Council's Economic Development Team plays a strategic role in creating partnerships, advocating in the interests of the City and running projects and events that move Parramatta closer to the goal of being Australia's next major CBD.
The core economic development priorities for Parramatta are:
- The development of a strong city identity that differentiates Parramatta from other locations
- The securing of major infrastructure such as light rail transport
- The attraction of new business and investment into the area
- The growth and greening of existing local businesses
- The development of industry clusters in the CBD, Rydalmere and Westmead & Camellia
- The development of vibrant, safe and liveable precincts within the city centre
- The matching of the area's skill base with the needs of industry
For more information, contact Council's Economic Development Team on 9806 5552.
Last updated on 15 Sep 2015