Active Parramatta Van
The Active Parramatta Van is a free service operated by the City of Parramatta and funded by the NSW Government, Stronger Communities Fund.
The Active Parramatta Van aims to make Parramatta a more active, healthy and connected city by delivering community sports programs targeting early years’ development, primary school-aged children and youth and promoting healthy lifestyles, aging well and lifelong learning.
The objectives of the Active Parramatta Van include:
- Increasing awareness of the benefits of healthy and active lifestyles;
- Increasing participation to improve the community’s health and well-being;
- Improving community cohesion and connectedness through active participation and social inclusion;
- Increasing opportunities to engage with local youth through active participation and counsel;
- Providing access to literacy and educational programs to connect residents with their local communities; and
- Increasing the presence of partner organisations to deliver community-based, health and well-being outcomes.
The Active Parramatta Van will focus primarily on areas in Harris Park, Telopea and Wentworthville.