Tennis courts reopen under new conditions
City of Parramatta Council is reopening its tennis courts from Thursday 23 April 2020 in line with recent advice from the Office of Local Government.
Council-owned tennis facilities in the Parramatta Local Government Area were closed on 27 March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
From Thursday, Council will allow the public to book local tennis courts with the following conditions:
- All facility users must apply good personal hygiene practice when touching gates, key pads and other surfaces (i.e. use of hand sanitiser, gloves, etc.).
- Courts are limited to two people at a time. Only singles play and one-on-one coaching sessions are permitted.
- Social distancing rules must be adhered to at all times.
The following Council-operated tennis courts are being reopened:
- Binalong Park, Toongabbie
- Caber Park, Winston Hills
- Dunrossil Park, Carlingford
- Gallery Gardens, Toongabbie
- George Kendall Riverside Park, Ermington
- Timbergetters Reserve, Winston Hills
- West Epping Park, Epping
Tennis courts managed by third parties will reopen at the operator’s discretion.
To find out whether your local tennis facility is open, please visit the tennis courts page on council's website.
While select tennis courts will be open, other public amenities including playgrounds, outdoor gym equipment and adjoining community rooms remain closed.
Council is monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and will continue to provide updates through social media and its website.