City of Parramatta provides businesses service options for commercial waste and recycling.
Together with our waste and recycling contractor, Suez, we're focused on reducing the amount of waste going to landfill.
Commercial garbage service
Commercial properties in Parramatta can access commercial garbage bin sizes ranging from 140 litres to 240 litres and 240 litre size recycling bins. Garbage bins can be emptied weekly or up to 6 times a week, Monday to Saturday. Charges vary depending on the number of weekly pick ups.
Recycling bins can only be emptied on a fortnightly basis in line with Council’s domestic recycling collection schedule.
Service availability is subject to Council’s ability to service the commercial property which will be discussed at the time of application.
Ensure your bins are:
- placed out the evening prior to collection and returned back to your property after collection
- placed correctly on the kerb with the lid closed
- not too heavy, your bin may not be collected if it weighs more than 70 kilograms.
For more information on commercial waste and recycling services, contact Council’s waste hotline on 9806 5544. The hotline can also be used to lodge a stolen bin, missed service, commence a new service or request additional bins.
request or cancel a commercial garbage service
All requests must be made in writing by the owner, the body corporate or strata manager of the property as a document that states the following:
- What is being requested (bin size, how many, request for new services or to cancel existing services)
- Property details
- Contact name and number(s)
- Number of weekly collections required if within any of the 4 CBD areas
- Sign off.
Send the document to City of Parramatta via:
Fax: 02 9806 5207
Attention to: Waste Management.
Please see page 11 of 2017/18 Fees and Charges for more details of commercial waste charges.