The Parramatta CBD is set to undergo a major transformation over the next 5 years, underpinned by unprecedented levels of public and private investment, particularly in property.
Council Owned Sites
City of Parramatta's Property Development Group oversees and leverages value and city-shaping opportunities for a range of council owned sites. In the Parramatta CBD alone, this includes carparks and vacant sites. These sites allow Council to unlock value, optimise potential and grow a property and investment portfolio.
Occupying more than three hectares in the heart of the CBD, Parramatta Square will be a world-class landmark and destination. The precinct will comprise of six new buildings, including a refurbished Town Hall. More than 6,000m2 of public space will create a place for people to meet, shop, dine, learn, celebrate and connect.
Macquarie Street car park
Council has entered into a Project Delivery Agreement with Toplace, the preferred development company for the Macquarie Street car park site. With an expected completion date of 2019, the council will receive approximately 700 spaces to address their car parking strategy.
The Lennox is one of the many residential development projects emerging in Parramatta's CBD. Positioned next to Parramatta River, the former Lennox Bridge carpark is being transformed into a luxury riverfront precinct. Residents will have access to a club floor with a lap pool, gym, an enclosed sun terrace with river views, gardens with entertainment spaces. Additionally, a new public boardwalk will offer dining options along the riverfront.
Located on the foreshore of the Parramatta River, the $1.2b Riverbank urban renewal project will create globally recognised riverfront precinct and become the City's cultural heart. It has been selected as the location for the new Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences also known as the Powerhouse Museum. Once established, the Museum has the potential to draw up to a million visitors a year to Parramatta.
PRELIMINARY STAGE FOR ASSESSMENT
- Horwood Place car park
- Erby (Eat Street) car park
- Fennel Street car park
- Wentworth Street car park
- Hunter Street car park
In addition to Parramatta Square, there are a number of commercial developments in the city that are at various stages of planning, development and delivery.
- 20-22 Macquarie Street: floor space of 27,744m2
- 89 George Street: floor space of 13,000m
- Justice Precinct: floor space of 50,000m2
- Westfield Tower: additional floor space of 35,000m2
The Parramatta CBD has seen a surge of inner-city residential and mixed-used developments in recent years.
- Altitude (330 Church Street): Meriton development on the riverfront with residential and serviced apartments, commercial and retail tenancies including the Riverside Shopping Centre
- V by Crown (31-39 Macquarie Street): The development boasts resort facilities, roof top bar, significant ground floor retail and a 1st floor of 5,800 m2 commercial space
- Aspire (8 Parramatta Square): Walker Corp development with the tallest proposed residential tower in the southern hemisphere, with up to 700 apartments, a hotel and ground level retail