Financial counselling is assistance for people currently experiencing, or at-risk-of experiencing, financial problems to help stabilise finances and move toward gaining financial independence. Financial counsellors can analyse and assess your financial situation and give you information about credit and debt issues.
They work with you to develop a plan to improve your situation including:
- one-on-one budget counselling
- consumer education
- help with arranging payment plans to deal with debt.
Free local financial counselling services are provided by Government-funded, non-profit organisations listed below. Further information about financial counselling can be found at Financial Counselling Australia
Financial Coaching is assistance to help people better manage their money. Coaches can help people review their financial position and create a money plan to pay essential expenses and bills, and develop a stronger savings position. Coaches will can also refer you to financial counselling or other support services where appropriate.
List of services
Services listed below also have other sites around NSW. If you want to find an office outside the areas listed below, we recommend you visit the websites listed:
Salvation Army Moneycare Counselling Services
Appointments by phone
- Address: 426 Church Street, Parramatta
- Phone: (02) 9633 5011
- Website: The Salvation Army – financial counselling
Salvation Army Moneycare Financial Capability and Coaching Services
Appointments by phone
- Address: 236 Church Street, Parramatta and 166-170 South Parade, Auburn
- Phone: 0437 002 426
- Website: The Salvation Army – financial coaching
Wesley Financial Counselling Western Sydney
Appointments by phone.
- 14 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista
- Level 1, 148 Henry Street, Penrith
- 1300 827 638 or (02) 9114 5683 - Bella Vista
- 1300 827 638 or (02) 4723 9240 - Penrith
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Wesley Mission
Wesley Financial Counselling – Credit and Debt Hotline
Call the Credit and Debt Hotline (office hours) to speak with a Financial Counsellor. They can assist with general enquiries about financial difficulties.
Phone: 1800 007 007
UCMH Counselling Services
Appointment by phone.
- Address: 153 George Street, Parramatta
- Phone: (02) 9891 6212
- Website: Parramatta Mission
Christian Community Aid Financial Counselling
Contact to make an appointment.