Council is now seeking feedback on the new draft Local Environmental Plan (LEP) for the City of Parramatta. The LEP will replace the multiple land use plans which currently exist and will provide clearer and more consistent planning controls. Learn more and provide your feedback before 5:00PM on Monday 12 October here.
Why is Council doing this?
In May 2016, the new City of Parramatta LGA was created from parts of the former council areas of Auburn, Holroyd, Hornsby, Parramatta and The Hills. As a result, different planning controls currently apply to different parts of the LGA.
The land use planning harmonisation process will create a clear and more consistent set of planning controls for the whole LGA.
Exhibition of draft Parramatta Local Environmental Plan
Council has prepared a Planning Proposal for a new Local Environmental Plan (LEP) for the City of Parramatta Local Government Area (LGA). The new LEP will replace the existing LEPs that currently apply to land in the LGA and will be the primary planning document for guiding development and land use decisions made by Council.
The focus of the Planning Proposal is harmonisation (or consolidation) of existing LEP controls. The Planning Proposal does not propose major changes to zoning or increases to density controls. However, in order to create a single LEP, some changes are proposed to the planning controls currently applying in certain parts of the LGA. These include:
- changes to the types of development that are allowed in certain areas, including where dual occupancies can be built;
- changes to bring a consistent approach to height and floor space ratio controls applying to residential zones; and
- a limited number of changes to the zoning of some sites to address inconsistencies and anomalies across current land use plans.
The Planning Proposal and supporting documents will be on exhibition from Monday 31 August 2020 until Monday 12 October 2020.
During the exhibition period, the exhibition material can be viewed at:
- Council’s Participate Parramatta engagement portal
- Council’s Customer Contact Centre: 126 Church Street, Parramatta, between 9:00am – 3:00pm, Monday – Friday
- Council libraries (subject to COVID-19 restrictions – please check Council’s website here for further details
Written submissions on the Planning Proposal can be made during the exhibition period, via:
- Council’s Participate Parramatta engagement platform
- Email: email@example.com (quoting reference: F2020/02092)
- Mail: City of Parramatta Council, Attention: Land Use Planning Harmonisation (Ref: F2020/02092), PO Box 32, Parramatta NSW 2124
Submissions need to be received by 5:00pm Monday 12 October 2020.
Delegation for making the new LEP has not been issued to Council. At the conclusion of the exhibition period, and after consideration of any submissions received, Council will submit the Planning Proposal to the Department of Planning, Industry & Environment, who will be responsible for finalising the LEP.
You can call the Land Use Planning Harmonisation team on (02) 9806 5050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have accessibility concerns, please contact the National Relay Service and provide them with the City of Parramatta contact number: (02) 9806 5050.