Becoming an Australian citizen is an important decision that impacts you and the future of your children. City of Parramatta hosts a number of citizenship ceremonies throughout the year for residents who have applied to become Australian citizens through the Department of Immigration. If you have applied for Citizenship, the Department of Immigration and Multicultural and Indigenous Affairs will notify you of the date and time of your ceremony. If you have any enquiries about the date of your ceremony call the Citizenship Information Line on 131 880.
2017 schedule for citizenship ceremonies
- Thursday 26 January (Australia Day) - see all the Australia Day Awards Ceremony and Citizenship images from the day
- Tuesday 14 February - see all the Citizenship images from the day.
- Tuesday 7 March - see all the Citizenship images from the day.
- Tuesday 14 March - see all the Citizenship images from the day.
- Tuesday 28 March - see all the Citizenship images from the day.
- Tuesday 11 April - see all the Citizenship images from the day.
- Tuesday 2 May - see all the Citizenship images from the day
- Monday 15 May
- Monday 19 June
- Tuesday 15 August
- Monday 18 September
- Tuesday 3 October
- Tuesday 7 November
Citizenship Ceremonies in Parramatta
City of Parramatta aims to hold 1 citizenship ceremony every month for approximately two hundred people. The ceremony is presided over by the Administrator and candidates receive information about the date, time and location of their ceremony via post.
Once you have been approved for Australian Citizenship from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection:
- wait for a letter from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to advise when you will be allocated to a ceremony. The current waiting time is 6 to 9 months after you have received your approval. This letter is usually provided 6 to 8 weeks prior the ceremony
- if you are invited to attend a ceremony and do not attend, you will need to wait until you are invited to a new ceremony
- failure to attend further ceremonies may result in forfeiting your Australian Citizenship.
All citizenship information is handled by the Department of Immigration and Boarder Protector, not City of Parramatta, including allocation of ceremony dates and times. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection will not under any circumstances move people forward on the list or give preference to attend a ceremony
Quite often the Department of Immigration and Border Protection's Customer Service advises clients to contact the local Council for information in regards to ceremonies - this information is not correct.
For all inquiries
Australian Citizenship Information Line
If you have been approved for Australian Citizenship ask for the Citizenship Ceremonies section
p: 131 880