Youth Week 2017
Youth Week in NSW is a week-long celebration held in early April each year is organised by young people, for young people, in communities across the state.
If you’re aged between 12 -25 years, Youth Week is an opportunity to:
- share ideas
- attend live events
- have your voice heard on issues of concern to you
- showcase your talents
- celebrate your contribution to the community
- take part in competitions
- have fun!
Youth Week is an opportunity for young people to express their ideas and views, act on issues that affect their lives, and create and enjoy activities and events.
The City of Parramatta Council Youth Week Project is small annual round of grants to support local schools, incorporated P&C groups and childcare centres to organise events that celebrate youth.
The theme for 2017 is "Be Here. Be Heard". For more information visit Youth Week.
2017 Expressions of Interest for funding support
As part of the To apply for funding support for NSW Youth Week 2017, please consider the following
- Proposed activities should
- raise the issues, ideas and concerns of young people
- develop strategies to address the issues important to young people
- increase the community’s awareness of young people and the issues which are important to them
- highlight young people’s contributions to the community
- Young people should be actively involved in the planning, co-ordination and implementation of activities, in particular, effort must be made to include:
- young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- young people with disabilities
- young parents
- young people who are geographically isolated
- young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- young people disadvantaged by their socio-economic background
- young people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender
- young people who have left school early or who are at risk of leaving school early
- young women
- young offenders
- Budget estimates should be based on the cost of operating Youth Week activities and show the expected contribution being made by the community organisation
- Neither the State of NSW, City of Parramatta Council or its employees, contractors or representatives will be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or claim suffered or made by any person which arises out of, or is in connection with any Youth Week activities which are organised, coordinated or funded by the funding recipient
- Activities and events must be located in the boundaries of the Parramatta Local Government Area and/or principally service residents
- Council supports programs planned and delivered in partnership.
To apply for funding support for NSW Youth Week 2017, complete the Youth Week 2017 Expression of Interest (EOI) for funding support form using SmartyGrants. This online application process requires a one-time registration - your login can be used again for subsequent fund applications.
Applications open from 9am Friday 9 December 2016 and close 4pm Monday 16 January 2017.
If you need assistance in understanding the guidelines or have any questions, please contact the Community Capacity Building team on 9806 5110.