Update Pet Information
Even if you have done the right thing and had your cat or dog microchipped and lifetime registered, it could still end up in the Animal Holding Facility. It is important to ensure microchip information is always up to date to assist the City of Parramatta finding you and reuniting you with your pet.
As a pet owner, you must notify City of Parramatta if:
- you change your address and/or contact details
- you give away or sell your pet, including both your details and the details of the new owner
- your pet has been missing for more than 72 hours and when it is found again
- your pet dies.
If you give away or sell your pet and are no longer the owner, you are required to:
- Complete the Change of Owner/Details form below
- Update your pet's details on the NSW Companion Animals Register with your details and the details of the new owner.
Upon completion, your pet will now be in the new owner's name. If you have lost contact with the new owner, you can complete a Statutory Declaration, signed by a Justice of the Peace, outlining the details or how you came to be, or no longer are, the owner of the animal.
Failing to update your pet's microchip information can result in an on the spot penalty of $165.
Avoid losing your pet and paying fines by updating your pet's information below or email email@example.com for more details.