Illegal dumping is the unlawful placement of discarded rubbish, such as furniture, electrical goods or building materials, in public areas. Placing your clean-up material on kerbside for collection without booking a clean-up, or placing it out earlier than the night before your booked collection day, is also treated as illegal dumping.
Illegal dumping costs our community over $800,000 each year, is bad for the environment, and detracts from the beauty of our City. Those found guilty of illegal dumping face fines or fees in excess of $500 and up to $250,000.
How you can help
City of Parramatta encourages members of the community to report illegal dumping so that it can be investigated and removed.
You can report a dumper:
- By phone:
- 1800 DUMPED (1800 386 733)
- Western Sydney RID Squad on (02) 4732 7446
- City of Parramatta on (02) 9806 5544
- Online: Complete the Dob in a Dumper form
If you see anyone dumping rubbish in the City of Parramatta area, make a note of:
- the time, date, and location of the event
- a description of any vehicles involved, including number plates if possible
any information that may help identify the offender.
All information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.
ABANDONED SHOPPING TROLLEYS
As well as being an eyesore, abandoned trolleys are a hazard to pedestrians and traffic. Reporting abandoned shopping trolleys for collection is quick and easy, with a choice of online, mobile app and phone reporting services.
Coles, Kmart, Target, 1st Choice
Coles Trolley Collect
- Online: Complete the Abandoned Trolley form on the Coles website
- App: Download the free Coles App from App Store for Apple Devices or the Google Play Store for Android devices
- Phone: 1800 876 553 (1800 TROLLEY) 7 days, 24 hours a day
Woolworths, Big W, Dan Murphy's
- Online: Complete the Report A Trolley form on the Trolley Tracker website
- App: Download the free Trolley Tracker App from App Store for Apple Devices or the Google Play Store for Android devices
- Phone: 1800 641 497 (7 days, 8am-6pm)
If the retailer that owns the trolley is not listed on this page, please contact us and we will contact the appropriate retailer or remove the offending trolley.