We endeavour to resolve the lighting as soon as possible and will continue to monitor the site closely. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Boronia Park Sports Pavilion building upgrade – Bridge Street, Epping
What is happening?(Back to top)
City of Parramatta Council is upgrading the sports pavilion building and associated landscape works at Boronia Park Epping. The project involves:
- Demolition of the existing sports pavilion building, storage shed and associated surrounds;
- Construction of a new sports pavilion building including:
- Change rooms and associated amenities,
- A meeting room,
- Sports club storage,
- A kiosk,
- Public toilets,
- Council storage areas,
- Staff facilities for Council’s permanent onsite grounds person. Following completion of the new grounds person facilities, the existing Council storage building near the Kent Street vehicle access gate will be demolished.
- Use of natural materials (e.g. timber and brick) to ensure the building is appropriate for the bushland character of the park.
- Upgrade to existing path network to suit the new building and provide equal access from Kent Street to the new building and sports field,
- Extension of the existing terrace seating to suit new works,
- Associated landscape works including tree and garden bed planting.
These works have been proposed under standard asset renewal programs to ensure Council provides high quality facilities which will serve the needs of the community now and into the future.
The proposed works are shown in the concept plans.
When is this happening?(Back to top)
Upgrade works commenced in late February 2021. Unfortunately works have been delayed due to COVID-19, and the liquidation of the construction contractor in November 2021.
Council is currently in the process of engaging a new builder to complete the project. It is anticipated works will re-commence on site in April 2022, and be completed by December 2022.
Get in touch(Back to top)
If you have questions relating to this project you can call our Senior Open Space and Natural Resources Officer on 1300 617 058 or email email@example.com