City of Parramatta Council has appointed Lipman to construct Parramatta’s new $88.6 million state-of-the-art community facility. The new 40,000 square metre aquatic and leisure centre has been designed to integrate seamlessly with the lush surrounds of Parramatta Park.
Construction will see 60,000 cubic metres of dirt moved and more than 500 trees indigenous to the area will be planted. Solar panels will be installed on the roof of the facility’s health and wellbeing centre will generate more than 142,000 kilowatts of power annually, 20 times the energy an average Australian home uses.
This is a once-in-a-generation project is expected to be completed in early 2023.
Features(Back to top)
- 10-lane, 50m heated outdoor pool with ramp entry and pool-side seating. The multipurpose pool will allow competition and lap swimming, school swimming carnivals, and local water polo training and competition.
- Dedicated heated indoor Learn To Swim pool for year-round lessons.
- 8-lane, 25m heated indoor pool for comfortable year-round swimming. This pool could offer lap swimming, additional Learn To Swim capacity, aquatic programming and rehabilitation services.
- Dedicated indoor all-abilities water play zone suitable for babies and children with a beach-like gradual entry.
Fitness and leisure
- Health and wellness centre that includes a modern gym and programming rooms for activities such as yoga and circuit training classes. In addition, consultant rooms will be available to allied health professionals.
- A separate club office room
- A multipurpose room for community hire
- Sauna, steam and spa facilities.
Other key features
- A cafe with casual seating to serve indoor and outdoor spaces
- Separate modern family-friendly change rooms and amenities for indoor and outdoor activities
- Open park-like outdoor space for relaxing and viewing aquatic activities
- 197 parking spots, coach set-down area and bicycle spaces that safely link to pathways
- A single-level centre that provides a seamless experience for all users, with ramps in the outdoor space to access the graded lawn area and facilities.
Location(Back to top)
The Parramatta aquatic and leisure centre is located within the southern domain of the May’s Hill precinct of Parramatta Park.
It is bordered by Park Parade to the north, and Parramatta High School to the south. The site’s elevation offers views to the east.
The facility is positioned to create direct links to current and future pedestrian and cycle pathways.