In 2021, City of Parramatta Council appointed Lipman to construct Parramatta’s new $88.6 million state-of-the-art community facility. The new 40,000 square metre aquatic centre has been designed to integrate seamlessly with the lush surrounds of Parramatta Park.
Construction will see 60,000 cubic metres of dirt moved and 489 trees replanted on site. Solar panels will be installed on the roof of the facility's health and wellbeing centre will generate more than 142,000 kilowatts of power annually, 20 times the energy an average Australian home uses.
The new community facility reflects Council’s vision for Parramatta - liveable, productive, sustainable and leading, both now and in the future. Our community is diverse and changing so facilities, such as the Parramatta aquatic centre, are an important part of our City and act as a meeting place for our community. Aquatic Centre facilities play an important role in providing health and wellbeing benefits for communities across all age groups, abilities, backgrounds, skills and interests.
This once-in-a-generation project is expected to be completed in 2023.
Features(Back to top)
- 10-lane, 50m heated outdoor pool with ramp entry and shaded pool-side seating. The multipurpose pool will allow competition and lap swimming, school swimming carnivals, and local water polo training and competition.
- Dedicated heated indoor Learn To Swim pool for year-round lessons.
- 8-lane, 25m heated indoor pool for comfortable year-round swimming. This pool may be used for lap swimming, additional Learn To Swim capacity, aquatic programming and rehabilitation services.
- Dedicated indoor all-abilities water play zone suitable for babies and children with zero entry points.
- Health and wellness centre that includes a modern gym and programming rooms for activities such as yoga and circuit training classes. In addition, consultant rooms will be available to allied health professionals.
- A separate club office room
- A multipurpose room for community hire
- Sauna, steam and spa facilities.
Other key features
- A café with casual seating that will serve indoor and outdoor spaces
- Separate modern family-friendly change rooms and amenities for indoor and outdoor activities
- Open park-like outdoor space for families to meet, gather and relax
- 186 parking spots accessed from Park Parade, coach set-down area and bicycle spaces that safely link to pathways in Parramatta Park
- A single-level centre that provides a seamless experience for all users, with accessible lifts and ramps to all indoor and outdoor facilities and graded lawn area .
Location(Back to top)
The Parramatta aquatic centre, strategically located close to Parramatta’s CBD, is within the southern domain of the May’s Hill precinct of Parramatta Park.
It is bordered by Park Parade to the north, and Parramatta High School to the south. The site’s elevation offers views to the east.