Financial Fitness Tips
Tips and Links to Local Services
help is available
If you are struggling with managing your finances or just want to be better at money management – paying bills, rent, mortgage and other debt – have savings and be prepared for the unexpected, there are steps you can take now and free services to help you find your way to financial independence and security.
Council has provided the content on these pages for information purposes only. Council is not a provider of financial assistance or counselling, and does not seek to replace professional financial advice. When making decisions about your finances it is recommended to do further research and seek professional advice.*
Take Action Now
Here are some steps you can take now to find your way to good financial health and security, or just be in a better position to meet future goals:
- Take the Financial Fitness Profile Survey (see link below) to find out your current financial fitness profile and suggested actions for your situation.
- Keep track of your current expenses, make a realistic budget, and stick to it.
- Decide on realistic short, medium and long-term goals that offer worthwhile rewards for managing your money better and help you to keep managing your money well over time.
- Seek the advice of a free financial counsellor/coach on your current situation and what your options are. You don’t have to wait until you are in extreme financial hardship to access these services.
- Create realistic medium and long-term plans for financial security, utilising the advice of a financial counsellor and information from reliable independent sources, including actions you can take under a worst case scenario, such as serious illness or loss of employment.
If you are in financial crisis and unable to pay essential bills or fees (e.g. utility bills or school fees), you can:
- Seek Emergency Relief assistance
- Seek assistance through the No Interest Loans Scheme
- Seek the advice of a free financial counsellor
- Financial Fitness Information and Links
- Free Financial Counselling and Coaching Services
- Local Emergency Relief Assistance
- No Interest Loans Scheme®
*City of Parramatta Disclaimer
Information on these pages has been compiled with expert advice for the benefit of our community and has been intended as an information resource only. While Council has made every effort to ensure accurate information in the best interests of community members, Council does not and can not take responsibility for decisions made based on this information and the advice provided by any second or third party services linked to this site. Decisions made and their consequences based on this information and third parties remains the responsibility of individuals making the decisions.