Public art throughout Parramatta's streets, laneways and parks paints only a small picture of the diverse arts offering in the area. Whether you are interested in a matinee at Riverside Theatres, scoping out commissioned public art around town, dropping into the appointment gallery space at Parramatta Artists' Studios, checking out a contemporary or digital performance at Connect Studios, taking a self-guided heritage art trail walk or visiting the Female Orphan School and Margaret Whitlam Galleries, there is something to intrigue all visitors and locals alike.
Parramatta Artists' Studios
The energetic home for creative production in the centre of Western Sydney, Parramatta Artists’ Studios (PAS) has supported hundreds of artists since opening in 2006. PAS provides a supportive studio environment for artists to develop their practices, whilst also connecting them with a community of peers and arts professionals.
In 2019, PAS expanded to open an additional studio facility in Rydalmere containing six warehouse-style studios. This new space focuses on engaging artists beyond an emerging career stage and re-engages with former PAS studio artists to contribute to career sustainability.
From our studios in Parramatta and Rydalmere, artists make, connect and find inspiration in this fast-growing location. Through PAS’ creative programs, our artists engage with Parramatta and the wider community, contributing significantly to its vibrant culture.
To find out more about our program, download the Parramatta Artists' Studios program booklet.
To find out more about our current studio artists, download the 2020 Artist Booklet.
Exterior of Parramatta Artists' Studios featuring work by Tom Polo, Only like this for now, commissioned by Parramatta Artists' Studios. Photo by Jacquie Manning.
2020 Studio Artists, Parramatta
Akil Ahamat, Tully Arnot, Cindy Yuen-Zhe Chen, Liam Colgan, Dacchi Dang, Kalanjay Dhir, Sabella D’Souza, Kirtika Kain, Gillian Kayrooz, Shivanjani Lal, Sarah Rodigari, Sofiyah Ruqayah, Yana Taylor, Justine Youssef.
2020 Studio Artists, Parramatta (top L-R): Dacchi Dang, Shivanjani Lal, Gillian Kayrooz, Liam Colgan, Sofiyah Ruqayah, Kalanjay Dhir, Tully Arnot, Kirtika Kain. (bottom L-R): Yana Taylor, Sabella D’Souza, Akil Ahamat, Cindy Yuen-Zhe Chen. Not pictured: Sarah Rodigari and Justine Youssef. Photo by Jacquie Manning.
2020 Studio Artists, Rydalmere
Liam Benson, Emma Fielden, Mehwish Iqbal, Ramesh Mario Nithiyendran, Tom Polo, Yasmin Smith.
2020 Studio Artists, Rydalmere (L-R): Liam Benson, Mehwish Iqbal, Ramesh Mario Nithiyendran, Yasmin Smith, Tom Polo, Emma Fielden. Photo by Jacquie Manning.
|Artist-in-Residence Applications||Applications close 21 April 2020||Apply now|
Parramatta Artists' Studios is open for events, activities and by appointment only. Contact our team:
Phone: (02) 9806 5230
Address: Levels 1 and 2, 68 Macquarie St, Parramatta NSW 2150
Subscribe to our e-newsletters:
- PAS e-newsletter - for up-to-date information about events, workshops, PAS artist news and studio application rounds
- WEAVE Parramatta e-newsletter - a monthly workshop in traditional, contemporary and experimental practices in weaving, textile and fibre art
- School Holiday e-newsletter - for information on our school holiday workshops led by professional artists for ages 5 to 12 years
Follow us on social media:
- Parramatta Artists' Studios on Facebook
- Parramatta Artists' Studios on Vimeo
- Parramatta Artists' Studios on Instagram
- Parramatta Artists' Studios on Soundcloud
Access and Getting Here
Parramatta Artists’ Studios is located on levels 1 and 2 at 68 Macquarie Street, Parramatta.
Enter via a ramp and automatic glass doors on the ground level and take the lift to levels 1 or 2.
If you have any questions about access, please call Parramatta Artists' Studios on 02 9806 5230
- The closest bus and train station is Parramatta Station, a 5 minute walk away.
Car and motorcycle
- There is limited on-street paid parking available.
- Paid parking is available nearby at the City Centre Car Park, 71 George Street, Parramatta (enter via Horwood Place).
- There are mobility car spaces on Macquarie Street, near Marsden Street.
- Paid mobility car spaces are available at the City Centre Car Park, 71 George Street, Parramatta (enter via Horwood Place).
Venue accessibility information
- The studios are accessible via a ramp and lift.
- There is an accessible toilet on the ground level, which requires a staff pass. The doors are not power assisted. Please speak to staff for assistance.
- Carers are welcome.
- Assistance animals are welcome and drinking water is available.
- Our premises are heated and air-conditioned.
- There is mixture of flicker free LED lights and fluorescent lighting in the studios and the building.
Parramatta Artists’ Studios is an initiative of the City of Parramatta and is supported by the NSW Government through Create NSW.