Design and build
PHIVE, 5 Parramatta Square was designed by a consortium of French firm Manuelle Gautrand Architecture and Australian firms DesignInc and Lacoste + Stevenson as part of an international Design Excellence competition in 2016.
It fulfils the brief to create a welcoming community and cultural centre and the centrepiece of Parramatta Square’s $2.7 billion transformation. Constructed by Australian group Built, PHIVE is owned by City of Parramatta Council.
Home for the people
PHIVE will be the home for the people of Parramatta. Anchored next to the historic Town Hall, it will provide a contemporary expression that embraces Parramatta’s past, present and future.
Iconic and timeless in design, the building will represent the City’s transformation and a place of pride that celebrates our rich culture and unique heritage.
The multi-purpose six-storey building will accommodate a variety of uses and deliver many important functions and services including:
- A modern library with over 80,000 books to read, self-check kiosks and self-return library shelves.
- Five function spaces and 19 dedicated meeting rooms, fully equipped to book and hold your community function or key business events.
- A new cultural experience with fascinating public art and exhibitions, and a visitor centre offering tours to explore your new community hub and City highlights.
- An efficient customer concierge service to help you do business with Council more simply and quickly.
- Your new local place to engage with Council and attend its regular meetings.
PHIVE is scheduled to open in mid 2022.