The City of Parramatta's Recreation team are the largest provider of free school holiday programs in NSW with over 2000 children taking part in a variety of exciting physical and educational programs and workshops.
School holiday program guidelines(Back to top)
Please read the guidelines to help you with a smooth registration process.
- It is important to dress your child in suitable clothing and footwear appropriate for the activities.
- Each activity requires your child to bring a drink bottle of water, suitable shoes and a hat (if outdoors).
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the activity start time to register your child(ren).
- We will not accept enrolments on the day. If your child would like to bring friends, please ensure they are enrolled before the day.
- Due to popularity all of our activities are likely to have a waitlist. If you cannot make an activity you must cancel via Eventbrite or email the Recreation Team with your order number and activity name at least 24 hours before the day of the activity.
- Parents or carers are expected to stay for the duration of the activity.
- Please do not bring food that contains or has traces of peanuts or eggs as other children may have allergies.
- If your child has any special requirements please make this known during the registration process as well as to the council staff member present on the day of the activity prior to its commencement.
- Council will communicate any cancellation of activities via text message and/or email to the contact details you provide during the registration process.
- Do not forget to provide us your feedback via our survey that will be sent out to you after the school holidays as your feedback is important to maintaining and improving our program.
Spring 2021 school holiday program(Back to top)
As a result of the extended lockdown in Greater Sydney, City of Parramatta's Spring School Holiday Program will be completely online. If you have any questions about the latest restrictions please call Service NSW on 13 77 88
To view our Spring Online School Holiday Program and view other additional online resources for kids visit our Active Kids Online page.
We aim to make our school holiday programs accessible to children of all abilities. The activities marked with an asterisk(*), are organised by trained facilitators who are able to deliver activities that respond to children with a range of needs. If you have any questions about physical access or inclusion in any of our school holiday activities, please call us on (02) 9806 5343.
Contact us(Back to top)
If you have any questions you can call our Recreation Team on (02) 9806 5343.
Do you have a hearing or speech impairment?
If you are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment, contact us through the National Relay Service. Choose your access option and ask for 1300 617 058 or 02 9806 5050 to the relay officer.
Do you need an interpreter?
For translation and interpreter services, please call 13 14 50 and ask the interpreter to phone the City of Parramatta on 1300 617 058 or 02 9806 5343.