City of Parramatta Council’s Community Grants provides funding opportunities for the Parramatta Local Government Area (LGA).
It aims to support local:
- not-for-profit community
- recreation and sporting groups
- social enterprises
- and in some cases, individuals.
Through the Community Grants, Council supports a wide range of services and activities that contribute to City of Parramatta’s vision and priorities.
Community Capacity Building Grant Learn more about community capacity building grant Creative Fellowship Fund Full details on the creative fellowship fund Creative Project Leveraging Fund Full details on the creative project leveraging fund Cultural Heritage & Stories Research Fund Learn more about the cultural heritage & stories research fund Growing Social Enterprise in Parramatta Details on growing social enterprise in Parramatta
Small Grants Fund See more on the small grants fund Sport & Recreation Grant See more on the sport & recreation grant Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant See more on the social enterprise business planning grant
What we fund(Back to top)
- Project development and implementation
- Capital purchase directly related to community capacity building project
- Building the internal capacity of an organisation
- Resource development
What we don't fund(Back to top)
- Activities and programs that duplicate existing services or repeat previously funded projects
- Attendance at conferences or academic course fees, except within scholarship or fellowship programs
- Religious ceremonies and/or activities in which the promotion of a single faith is the main purpose
- Profit making activities where the profits are allocated to shareholders, owners and/or members
- The establishment or attainment of fundraising objectives
- Project proposals that are potentially defamatory or libellous or seek to intimidate, offend or harass members of the community.
Eligibility(Back to top)
All applications to the Community Grants Program must meet the eligibility criteria.
Each grant category also has specific eligibility criteria.
Common eligibility criteria require that the organisation must:
- Be an incorporated not-for-profit organisation or can provide evidence of an auspice arrangement with an incorporated not-for-profit organisation;
- Be located within the boundaries of the Parramatta local government area and/or principally service Parramatta residents;
- Address City of Parramatta’s vision statement and at least one of the objectives in the nominated grant category;
- Project begins after the grant funding commencement date and does not require retrospective, recurrent or ongoing funding;
- Not have outstanding debts to Council;
- Not have overdue progress or acquittal reports for previously funded grants.
Planning your projects(Back to top)
Developing a work plan or timeline is an excellent way to achieve a successful project as it records the major milestones for the project and who is responsible for completing them.
Providing such information is a good way to show that your project is well planned and ready to go.
To assist you in this process, we have developed a basic sample project plan and work plan for you to use in the planning and implementation process
How to apply(Back to top)
Successful grant recipients information(Back to top)
All organisations who receive funding grants from City of Parramatta are required to complete their projects within 12 months of funding.
Quarterly grant recipients are required to complete their projects within six months of funding.
For projects funded through the Annual Grants program, a progress report will be required at six months, and a final acquittal report upon completion of your project.
Projects funded through the Quarterly Grants program are required to submit a final acquittal report only.