Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant
This category has two purposes:
- Assist existing local social enterprises to engage professional services that can assist with the ongoing operation and sustainability of the business (such as marketing, web design, and book-keeping).
- Provide funding for existing organisations or groups of individuals who are at the concept development stage of a social enterprise project and need assistance in the research, development and writing of a social enterprise business plan.
Project funds for business plans can be used to engage the services of a business planning consultant, or to fund the research activities and staff time associated in writing a business plan.
Funds for the engagement of professional services must go to an external organisation (not existing internal staff).
$40,000 is allocated to the Small Grants Fund and the Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant. The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000. City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Applications are accepted year round with the following closing dates:
- 4:00pm on 4 November 2020
- 4:00pm on 3 February 2021
- 4:00pm on 5 May 2021
- 4:00pm on 4 August 2021
- 4:00pm on 3 November 2021
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made. To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Show that funds will be spent within 12 months of receipt of funding.
- Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
- Application Checklist - Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant
- City of Parramatta Community Grants Program Guidelines
- Quick Guide - Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant
Click here to apply now.
It is a requirement of this category that applicants discuss their project with Council’s Social Investment Officer, Lucy Brotherton on 9806 5792 or at email@example.com
p: (02) 9806 5110