Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant
This category has two purposes:
- Assist existing local social enterprises to engage professional services that can assist with the ongoing operation and sustainability of the business (such as marketing, web design, and book-keeping).
- Provide funding for existing organisations or groups of individuals who are at the concept development stage of a social enterprise project and need assistance in the research, development and writing of a social enterprise business plan.
Project funds for business plans can be used to engage the services of a business planning consultant, or to fund the research activities and staff time associated in writing a business plan.
Funds for the engagement of professional services must go to an external organisation (not existing internal staff).
$40,000 is allocated to the Small Grants Fund and the Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant. The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000. City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Applications are open all year round with the closing dates for the Quarterly Grants categories will be 4pm on the following dates:
- 5 August 2020 (project start date should be after 5 November 2020)
- 4 November 2020 (project start date should be after 4 February 2021)
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made. To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Show that funds will be spent within 12 months of receipt of funding.
- Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
- Application Checklist - Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant
- City of Parramatta Community Grants Program Guidelines
- Quick Guide - Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant
Click here to apply now.
It is a requirement of this category that applicants discuss their project with Council’s Social Investment Officer, Lucy Brotherton on 9806 5792 or at email@example.com
p: (02) 9806 5110