The City of Parramatta Council is committed to providing healthy and active opportunities for residents, workers and visitors to improve their health and wellbeing, and encourage active participation.
The objectives of Active Parramatta include:
- Improve community cohesion by using health and active participation to reduce barriers;
- Increase participation to improve the communities’ health and well-being;
- Improve the quality and participation of local sporting clubs;
- Provide literacy and educational programs to connect residents with their communities;
- Improve the presence of organisations that can assist with community engagement; and
- Positively enhance Australia’s next great City.
Council takes a collaborative approach to providing healthy and active opportunities using policy, programs and infrastructure initiatives to change health behaviours across our community.
These initiatives include:
- Active Parramatta E-newsletter
- Active Parramatta Van
- Active Parramatta Online
- Celebrating Girls in Sport
- Find a Sport Club
- Outdoor Fitness Training Sessions
- Health Program at Newington Community Centre
- School Holiday Programs
- Sport Club Development