The Creative Projects Fund aims to support professional groups and organisations with creative projects in the Parramatta region. This category is open to those working in all art forms, including but not limited to, music, sculpture, dance, painting, interpretation, writing/literature, theatre, design, film/video and digital media. Professional groups and or organisations are those employing qualified staff at the appropriate award rate. They would usually have an appropriately qualified administrator or director.
Grant Information Sessions
In the lead up to our Annual Grants Round, the City of Parramatta Council delivers short information sessions for Organisations and individuals that are interested in applying.
As our 2023 Annual Community Grants round is closed, we currently have no Information Sessions available.
Category objectives(Back to top)
- Develop the skills of our local creative talent;
- Increase participation in arts and creative sectors;
- Stimulate connection to community, through the development of works and/or activities that explore the identity of the Parramatta region;
- Encourage growth and increase the value of the creative sector to the Parramatta community, culture and economy;
- Foster innovation in the arts and creative sectors.
Available funding(Back to top)
$60,000 is allocated to the Creative Projects Fund.
The maximum funding available to any one project in this category is $20,000 (not including GST).
How to Apply(Back to top)
All applications for funding grants are completed online through SmartyGrants.
You only need to register once. If you previously applied via SmartyGrants you can use your existing password and login.
Program timelines(Back to top)
This program is open once a year. For our 2023 round, all projects must start after January 1, 2023.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
- Submit a progress report within 6 months of commencement of project
- Submit a final acquittal report due on the 16th February 2024 (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news.
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9806 5110.