This category is designed to fund existing social enterprises that have demonstrated their ability to be sustainable and achieve high-impact on their social mission, and are seeking to grow and expand their operations.
Applications must relate to:
- Funding specific projects designed to expand the reach of their business
- Enabling existing successful social enterprises to re-locate to the Parramatta Local Government Area.
Who can apply?(Back to top)
Applications must be from an incorporated body or eligible social enterprise structure.
Social enterprises are defined as having the following characteristics:
- Social, environmental, cultural mission/objectives core to purpose and focus;
- Limited distributions of profits – the majority of profits are reinvested in the enterprise and/or an associated social entity;
- Generation of a social return in addition to a financial return, and commitment to demonstrating this;
- Can have a mixture of capital inputs – the enterprise is supported through a mixture of grant income/subsidised income and trading income, but must trade;
- Favour democratic decision-making structures and seek high levels of accountability to their stakeholders, rather than just to shareholders.
Program timelines(Back to top)
This program is open once a year. Projects must start after July 1. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
- Submit a progress report within 6 months of commencement of project
- Submit a final acquittal report due date 1 July (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
Contact us(Back to top)
You must discuss your application with our Community Capacity Building Team before you submit.
For projects relating to social enterprise, contact Lucy Brotherton on (02) 9806 5792 or email@example.com
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news
General grant inquiries can be made to the Community Grants Officer at (02) 9806 5110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.