This category is designed to support people (i.e. athletes, coaches, umpires, referees and team managers) who are excelling at sport and representing Parramatta at a State, National or International level. The key objectives of this grant include:
- Reduce financial pressure on individuals and families presented by excelling in representative sport.
- Role modelling active lifestyles and fair play to the Parramatta community.
- Promote and develop athlete pathways.
- Leverage off/disseminate knowledge and experience with other athletes;
- Develop leaders to promote participation pathways in their chosen sport or recreation field.
Eligibility(Back to top)
Available funding(Back to top)
Approximately $30,000 per financial year is available for the Representative Sports Grant. Applicants are eligible to receive funding to cover participant expenses up to a maximum $1,000 (ex GST).
|International competition||National competition||State competition|
City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a financial year, regardless of the number of applications received from an individual.
Program timelines(Back to top)
Applications are open all year round.
Applicants must submit an application 4 weeks before the sport event start date. The assessment and approval process can take longer than 4 weeks resulting in applicants being notified of a funding decision after the event has occurred.
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news.
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants team on email@example.com or call 02 9806 5110.