In 2016-17, the community was asked about the future vision and priorities for the City of Parramatta.
Vision(Back to top)
Emerging from this consultation, a community vision for the City’s future was developed:
The vision reflects the feedback from many thousands of people who completed surveys, attended pop-up kiosks, workshops and focus groups to provide their opinions on a range of issues.
Themes(Back to top)
A number of themes emerged including the importance of a sense of community, green space, heritage and local jobs.
Feedback also showed that the community valued the unique cultural and sporting activities and experiences that our City offers and that there was some concern around transport, parking, traffic management and managing growth.
Priorities(Back to top)
Priorities that emerged included:
- building a stronger, more innovative council for our community’s future
- managing growth and transport
- promoting green spaces and the environment
- providing opportunities for recreation and leisure
- creating a strong economy with a strong city centre
- having a community focus
- supporting arts and culture celebrations and destinations
- creating vibrant neighbourhoods and precincts.
The development of the vision and priorities was a starting point for the preparation of the Community Strategic Plan.
Guided by our Community Engagement Strategy, we’ll continue to listen, have conversations and report back to you, creating a stronger, more participative City for everyone.
Parramatta Visioning and Community Engagement(Back to top)
Find out more about the Parramatta Visioning and Community Engagement: