City of Parramatta provides residents with a weekly garbage service and an alternating, fortnightly recycling and garden waste service.
Council works closely with our waste and recycling contractor Cleanaway Municipal Services to reduce the amount of waste going to landfill.
In Parramatta, residents are provided with a 3 bin collection system together plus four kerbside bulk clean-ups per year (2 x booked, 2 x scheduled). If you have clean-up needs outside of the scheduled dates, please book a clean-up or phone 9621 7222.
|Garbage Bin||140L / 70kg||Red or Green||Weekly||
Available for Single Unit Dwellings (SUD) at an additional cost
*2016/17 fees - subject to change
|Recycling Bin||240L / 70kg||Yellow||Fortnightly||No
Multi Unit Dwellings (MUDs) share 1 between 2 households
|Garden Bin||240L / 70kg||Lime or Dark Green||Fortnightly||
MUDs do not normally have these
Make sure your bins are:
- placed out the evening prior to collection
- placed correctly on the kerb with the lids closed
- not too heavy (bins may not be collected if they weigh more than 70kgs)
What is the Domestic Waste Charge?
All City of Parramatta ratepayers incur an annual Domestic Waste Charge. The charge entitles each household to:
- weekly domestic garbage bin collection and fortnightly garden organics and recycling bin collections
- four kerbside clean-ups a year (one per quarter)
- supply and replacement of household bins
- educational materials upon request
How is the Domestic Waste Charge Calculated?
Your domestic waste charge is based on:
- size of the garbage bin you are currently using
- the amount City of Parramatta is charged to tip domestic waste at landfill
Single Unit Dwellings (SUDs) have the option to up-size their garbage bins from 140L to 240L for an additional cost. The annual domestic waste charge in 2016/17 for 140L is $403.50 and $608.20 for a 240L bin.
Parramatta Garbage & Recycling Collection Areas
When is rubbish collected?
Although the borders have changed with the City of Parramatta amalgamation, we have a waste contract based on the previous borders. If your property is on the borderline, or you notice any discrepancies in the map below, contact the Waste Hotline on 02 9806 5544.