Cultural Heritage & Stories Research Fund
Parramatta Cultural Heritage and Stories Research Fund support research projects that add to sharing the knowledge of Parramatta’s cultural and heritage history.
The Fund aims to encourage research that will document and interpret the stories of Parramatta for the benefit of current and future generations.
Priority will be given to research projects which explore:
- Aboriginal heritage (for example; traditional and contemporary culture);
- Social histories (for example; aspects of everyday life, people who have made significant contribution to the community);
- Significant heritage sites and structures in the Parramatta LGA (built or natural environment);
- Contemporary heritage (for example; living histories, or contemporary cultural trends)
$20,000 is allocated to the Cultural Heritage and Stories Research Fund. The maximum funding available to any one project in this category is $5,000.
This program is open once a year. Projects must start after July 1. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within twelve months of funding.
- Submit two Progress Reports, after four and nine months respectively, during the funding period and a Final Acquittal Report upon project completion
- 4 month Progress Report due date 1 November
- 9 month Progress Report due date 1 April
- Final Acquittal Report due date 1 July (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
- Application Checklist - Cultural heritage & Stories Research Fund
- City of Parramatta Community Grants Guidelines
- Quick Guide - Cultural Heritage & Stories Research Fund
Click here to apply now.
p: (02) 9806 5110