Overview(Back to top)
The Night Time Economy Diversification Grants are designed to support local businesses, community groups, event organisers and individuals to develop projects that will support the growth and diversity of the night time economy in the City of Parramatta, while supporting the ability to trial new and interesting concepts that will build capacity in our local night time sector into the future.
The 2022/2023 grant round is open for submissions now until 27 March 2023. Apply now.
How much funding is available?(Back to top)
Council provides a funding pool of $50,000 for the Night Time Economy Diversification Grants each grant round. Awarded in 2 categories based on the location in which the proposed activity will occur, or location of the business:
Category 1: CBD and surrounds
Category 2: Outside of CBD
Pool of funding available: $40,000
Pool of funding available: $10,000
View the Category Map to see which category your project is eligible for.
What kinds of projects are eligible? (Back to top)
- Financial support for live music entertainment programming as part of an event or inside a business. For example: Funding to support a family friendly concert taking place after 6pm.
- Studies or acoustic reports to support development applications or license approvals to host live music.
- Providing a new or additional service/offerings conducted after 6pm in a retail, service or hospitality premise. For example: A café running a series of cooking classes or hairdressers offering.
- Curating cultural and arts activations within the public domain, a venue or a business. For example: A multicultural short film festival in Harris Park held after 6pm.
- To support improvements to a business that encourages night time visitation. For example: Night friendly public art installations, creative lighting or functional lighting upgrades that improve the perception of safety in the area.
- Capital improvements to in-venue acoustics to help manage sound transfer from venues to surrounding properties.
- To assist in covering fees and charges associated with the establishment of a new or expanded night time business or activity. This could include development application fees, outdoor dining or street activity use charges, event permits, or liquor licensing fees. For example: Assisting with the cost of acoustic reports and assessments for a prospective live music venue.
- To assist with development application costs associated with seeking an extension of trading hours of a business.
- Assisting with additional operational and staffing costs associated with extended trading hours, or a new night time activity. For example: Assisting with the cost of security provision for the running of an arts & culture event in the Parramatta CBD after 6pm.
- To support coordinated activities and partnerships between groups of local businesses / organizations / entities. For example: Collaboration between businesses, arts & cultural institutions or service providers to produce an event or a series of live performance activations within a precinct.
Previous Grant Recipients
Parramatta's First "legal" Distillery
We are a maker based distillery.
Founded on best design principles and grounded in the fundamentals of low volume, high quality manufacturing. Only the finest ingredients make the cut.
We produce small batch, artisan distilled spirits that are considered as ingredients to a final product made by you.
For more information visit:
The Primary Goods Company
Unit 35/2 Richard Close
North Rocks, New South Wales 2151
+61 493 134 639
Are you watching the clock at work for 5pm, waiting for the day to really begin? It is time to mix up your routine, get creative and connect with others? Grab a friend and join our improvisation work for newbies! No experience required!
This is a 6 part hands-on improvisation workshop, every Tuesday 6:30pm for 2h starting Jan 11th 2022. We'll have a series of on your feet exercises to challenge your listening, creativity, teamwork and drama skills with these easily applying to your professional and personal life because isn’t life just one big improvisation? We want you to find your own storytelling voice and characters, be able to quickly structure to the vague and unknown while having so much fun.
Flamenco For Everybody grew organically out of connecting with local community in Woollahra whilst dancing on an outdoor veranda during lockdowns. Annalouise met various local characters, dogs and children, specifically, one little boy on a scooter who asked, ‘are you making a show for everybody?’. An exhilarating combination of spoken contemporary storytelling, video installation, flamenco and contemporary dance, virtuosic percussion and audience participation. It explores Annalouise’s contemporary-flamenco practice, Sephardi and Arabic cultures and questions what it means to practice art in public, how dance was born outside and perhaps can return to outside.More information
Illuminate Eels Lane is a two-part activation: A new projector setup in the Leagues Club to activate underutilised space, and a roster of live music in their outdoor dining area.More information
Introducing Club Havana Sundays by Nick & Nora’s! Live bands, cocktail specials and good times sky high in Parramatta every Sunday launching Sunday 13th June from 3pm till late.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the perfect Sunday session with cocktail specials brought to you by Havana Club and live music charming imbibers with Cuban style jazz, funk and soul.
Whether your weekend is winding down or warming up, Club Havana Sunday's will have you swaying in your plush velvet lined booth or reclining back on our 26th storey terrace enjoying the view, tunes & spoils.
The spirit of Cuba and Havana Club by Nick & Nora's! Entry is free and bookings welcome.More information
Enjoy a summer of live music at Abattoir Blues with new live music infrastructure in their courtyard!More information
An immersive art, food and music experience taking place in an iconic Parramatta location.
Global Cities After Dark (GCAD) is the first forum in the Asia Pacific dedicated to the future of nightlife, night time and social economy.
GCAD was created to bring together all stakeholders in the local night-time economy space together to harness the collective knowledge of real life practice of creating and sustaining vibrant and safe cities after dark. It delivers an integrated experience for its participants, deep diving into the challenges that numerous cities around the world face at night, with the goal of actively planning for a thriving night-time economy.
The first Global Cities After Dark Parramatta edition was held alongside Parramatta Lanes 2021 from November 16-20, 2021.