This grant is designed to assist voluntary and staffed not-for-profit incorporated organisation to fund one-off costs that will directly support the progression of their capacity building activities, projects or programs through small allocations of funding. The funding has to be linked to a discreet and defined activity or project.
Category objectives(Back to top)
- Support community based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organisations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta Local Government Area, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan;
- Maximise access to and use of community resources, services and facilities, including equity of access for people experiencing social exclusion, marginalisation or isolation;
- Encourage community participation in the development and delivery of projects and activities;
- Support the development of networks and partnerships between communities, local community groups, agencies and City of Parramatta Council.
Available funding(Back to top)
$40,000 is allocated to the Small Grants Fund and the Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant.
The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000.
City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Program timelines(Back to top)
Applications are open all year round with the closing dates for the Quarterly Grants categories will be 4pm on the following dates:
- 5 May 2021
- 4 August 2021
- 3 November 2021
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made.
To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Show that funds will be spent within 6 months of receipt of funding.
- Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.