This grant is designed to increase participation in local sport and recreation activities, particularly in regards to the inclusion of:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders;
- Disengaged young people;
- Newly arrive migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants;
- People experiencing homelessness; people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- People living with disabilities;
- People of diverse genders and/or sexuality (LGBTI);
- People over 55 years of age, particularly those living alone;
- Women and girls.
Please check the Parramatta Local Government Area boundary map, inserting your organisation address to see if you qualify for City of Parramatta funding opportunities.
Available funding(Back to top)
$60,000 is allocated to the Sport and Recreation Grant.
The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000.
City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Program timelines(Back to top)
Once you hit the APPLY NOW button you can preview the form and/or download a copy of the form prior to completing.
Applications are open all year round with the closing dates for the Quarterly Grants categories will be 4pm on the following dates:
- 2 February 2022
- 4 May 2022
- 3 August 2022
- 2 November 2022
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made.
To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Show that funds will be spent within 6 months of receipt of funding.
- Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news.
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9806 5110.