Phone: 0416 035 817
- 5/7 Parramatta Square Advisory Committee (For a fixed period to end 2022)
- Parramatta Legal and Justice Precinct Expansion Coalition (Alternate)
- Policy Review Committee
Terms as Councillor
- September 1995 - May 2016 (Almagamation Proclamation)
- September 2017 - Present
Terms as Lord Mayor
- September 2000 - September 2001
- September 2011 - September 2012
25 Years of Service as Councillor in January 2022
Councillor social media account*
*Site not managed by City of Parramatta Council
About Councillor Lorraine Wearne
- Self-employed solicitor
- Former Councillor – Parramatta City Council 1995–2016.
- Legal secretary and paralegal for approx. 25 years
- Practicing solicitor 1992–present
- Part-time lecturer Parramatta Adult Education College 1998–2006.
- Love reading, good wine and food, music of all descriptions. Am a hack golfer and play computer games. Am babysitter extraordinaire - I like slippery dips, swings and a good mud fight. I have parachuted from a plane, whitewater rafter the Zambezi River in Africa, climbed Machu Picchu and been run aground on a glacier cruise in Chile.
- Elected to Parramatta City Council September, 1995 and re-elected 1999, 2004, 2008 and 2012.
- First female Lord Mayor of Parramatta City Council 2000-2001 and 2011-2012. Deputy Mayor 2009.
- Member of Executive of Australian Local Government Women's Assoc. (NSW) for 3 years.
- National President of Australian Local Government Women's Assoc. - 2 years (1999-2000).
- Awarded Parramatta Woman of the Year 2000.
- Recipient of the Centenary Medal for services to Local Government.
- Presenter to Athens Conference of Municipal Government for 2004 Olympics (invited by Mayor of Athens).
- Chair Central Parramatta Planning Committee.
- Member Parramatta Economic Development Board.
- Local Government Association delegate to Streets Opening Conference (2 years).
- Patron of Allan Family Remembrance Trust (Charitable Trust for Cancer research).
- A totally self-funded Independent (never belonged to a major party).