Small Grants Fund
This category is designed to assist voluntary and staffed not-for-profit incorporated organisation to fund one-off costs that will directly support the progression of their capacity building activities, projects or programs through small allocations of funding. The funding has to be linked to a discreet and defined activity or project.
- Support community based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organisations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta LGA, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan;
- Maximise access to and use of community resources, services and facilities, including equity of access for people experiencing social exclusion, marginalisation or isolation;
- Encourage community participation in the development and delivery of projects and activities;
- Support the development of networks and partnerships between communities, local community groups, agencies and City of Parramatta Council.
$40,000 is allocated to the Small Grants Fund and the Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant. The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000. City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Applications are open all year round with the closing dates for the Quarterly Grants categories will be 4pm on the following dates:
- 5 February 2020
- 6 May 2020
- 5 August 2020
- 4 November 2020.
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made. To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Show that funds will be spent within 6 months of receipt of funding.
- Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
- Application Checklist - Small Grants Fund
- City of Parramatta Community Grants Program Guidelines
- Quick Guide - Small Grants Fund
Click here to apply now.
p: (02) 9806 5110