Sport & Recreation Grant
This category is designed to Increase participation in local sport and recreation activities, particularly in regards to the inclusion of:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders; disengaged young people;
- Newly arrive migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants;
- People experiencing homelessness; people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
- People living with disabilities;
- People of diverse genders and/or sexuality (GLBTI);
- People over 55 years of age, particularly those living alone;
- Women and girls.
$30,000 is allocated to the Sport and Recreation Grant. The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000. City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Applications are open all year round with the closing dates for the Quarterly Grants categories will be 4pm on the following dates:
- 5 August 2020 (project start date should be after 5 November 2020)
- 4 November 2020 (project start date should be after 4 February 2021)
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made. To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Show that funds will be spent within 6 months of receipt of funding.
- Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
- Application Checklist - Sport & Recreation Grant
- City of Parramatta Community Grants Program Guidelines
- Quick Guide - Sport and Recreation Grant
Click here to apply now.
p: (02) 9806 5110