This category supports:
- community based groups
- sport and recreation clubs
- service organizations
To develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta Local Government Area, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan.
Annual funding(Back to top)
City of Parramatta Council’s Community Grants provide an annual funding opportunity for the Parramatta Local Government Area (LGA).
The grants program aims to support:
- local not-for-profit
- recreation and sporting groups
- social enterprises
- and in some cases, individuals.
Through the Community Grants, Council supports a wide range of services and activities that contribute to City of Parramatta’s vision and priorities.
Category objectives(Back to top)
- Support community based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organisations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta LGA, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan;
- Maximise access to and use of community resources, services and facilities, including equity of access for people experiencing social exclusion, marginalisation or isolation;
- Encourage community participation in the development and delivery of projects and activities;
- Support the development of networks and partnerships between communities, local community groups, agencies and City of Parramatta Council.
Available funding(Back to top)
$225,000 is allocated to the Community Capacity Building Grants.
The funding cap is now $10,000, with the option to apply for an additional $10,000. It is recommended that all organisations speak to a council officer prior to applying for additional money.
|Organisation type||Funding cap|
|100% voluntary organisations||$10,000|
|Organisations with paid staff||$10,000|
|Second phase projects||$10,000|
Program timelines(Back to top)
This program is open once a year. Projects must start after July 1. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
- Submit a progress report within 6 months of commencement of project
- Submit a final acquittal report due date 1 July (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.
How to apply(Back to top)
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants team at email@example.com or call 02 9806 5110.