This category supports community – based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organisations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta LGA, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan.
Grant Information Sessions
In the lead up to our Annual Grants Round, the City of Parramatta Council delivers short information sessions for Organisations and individuals that are interested in applying. As our 2023 Annual Community Grants round is closed, we currently have no Information Sessions available.
Category objectives(Back to top)
- Support community based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organisations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta LGA, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan;
- Maximise access to and use of community resources, services and facilities, including equity of access for people experiencing social exclusion, marginalisation or isolation;
- Encourage community participation in the development and delivery of projects and activities;
- Support the development of networks and partnerships between communities, local community groups, agencies and City of Parramatta Council.
Available funding(Back to top)
$225,000 is allocated to the Community Capacity Building Grants.
The funding cap is now $10,000, with the option to apply for an additional $10,000. It is recommended that all organisations speak to a council officer prior to applying for additional money.
|Organisation type||Funding cap|
|100% voluntary organisations||$10,000|
|Organisations with paid staff||$10,000|
|Second phase projects||$10,000|
Finance Documents Required(Back to top)
Council administers Community Grants as the custodian of public funds. Council needs to know that recipients can manage funds and provide financial accountability.
For funding requests of amounts between $5,001 - $25,000, applicants are required to provide supporting financial documents per one of the categories below, depending on the Total Annual Revenue (TAR) for your organisation . Please visit the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) website to find out which Category you fall in to:
- Category 1: If your organisation is medium or large according to the ACNC for the 2021 Annual Information Statement (TAR of $250,000 or above) - Council requires the most recent audited financial statements (last 12 months), signed by an accredited and independent Auditor or accountant as part of your application. Please note that for requested amounts between $20,001 and $25,000, Council requires these financial statements for the past 24 months.
- Category 2: If your organisation is small according to the ACNC 2021 Annual Information Statement (TAR under $250,000) OR your organisation has only registered within the previous 12 months and an audited financial statement is not available, Council requires the following as part of your application:
- Profit and Loss Statement (certified by an accredited independent accountant)*
- Organisational Balance Sheet (last 12 months)*
*Please note: for funding applications between $20,001 and $25,000, Council requires these documents for the past 24 months (if you’re organisation has been in existence for over 12 months.
Program timelines(Back to top)
This program is open once a year. For our 2023 round, all projects must start after January 1, 2023. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
- Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
- Submit a progress report within 6 months of commencement of project
- Submit a final acquittal report due date 30th January 2024 (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future fending requests.
How to apply(Back to top)
All applications for funding grants are completed online through SmartyGrants.
You only need to register once. If you previously applied via SmartyGrants you can use your existing password and login.
Contact us(Back to top)
To find out more about funding opportunities, workshops, leadership development, forums, training and more in the Parramatta and Greater Western Sydney area, subscribe to Parramatta e-news
If you need any further information, please feel free to contact our Community Grants team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9806 5110.